Re: [SLUG] RAM disk ?

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 13:03:17 EDT

Im runnin LM8.1 using kernel 2.4.8-26 and have absolutely no problem playin
MP3s while using grip at the same time doing my normal stuff--email etc
- --since Im not a gamer I cant say anything about that but I have no problem
doing any of the above---by the way I was dl at the same time if that means
anything
AMD 600 Athalon
329 megs ram
3 HDDs--2-40 gig 1-60 gig
Soundblaster Live(with an unusable faceplate)
Asus A7V mobo 133 AGP set

so seems your system is beefier---I might suggest that there is another prob
other than distro-----I use xmms to play back and have no prob.
I forgot to mention that I use gramophile to convert vinyl----which also
works just fine. I am by no means a guru or any kind of linux power user I
use it cause it is comparitively virus free and works well for what I do--no
crashes or freezes and is more than cost effective ----just my two cents
- --for what thats worth.
                   AJ