RE: [SLUG] Debian Library Problem

From: Miller, Matt (Matt.Miller@expanets.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 13:52:15 EDT

That's a no go. Invoking /bin/bash or /bin/sh gives me the same error:
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: /bin/sh: undefined symbol:
history_max_entries OR
/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: /bin/bash: undefined
symbol: history_max_entries
Various commands like ldd, for example, result in the above error(s). I can
get into the machine using tcsh as per my original post, but I am still
receiving the error message intermittently. Apt-get fails, too.
I was able to run the command "dpkg -r --force-depends libreadline4", but
that failed to completely purge the package as well.
Any other ideas?
Matt