Re: [SLUG] Debian Library Problem

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 22:00:07 EDT

can you get dselect to work when you finally get a shell? You can
uninstall/install packages and dependencies from there.

You could also use dpkg to install any changed packages from the CD.

I think you could even reinstall the base packages with the CD and just use
your existing partitions without reformatting them (I would cat /etc/fstab
first to be sure of your partitions), but I have never tried it.

If you want another place to check for answers, you can try
http://www.debianhelp.org

scott