Re: [SLUG] Flying Saucers -- old news???

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 03:39:32 EDT

Bill wrote:
> You guys go easy on Frank ... he's had a Windows sort of week. :-)

I wasn't being "hard" on him, I was just trying to figure out if
RedHat released a 3rd 7.2 beta.

I know the whole "Roswell" ploy is funny, but this is actually
inhibiting people's ability to figure out if there has been a new
beta release. I remember 7.1 had two betas, 7.0.91 and 7.0.92, and
they used different codenames for each of them. Now we have
"Roswell" (7.1.93), "Roswell, the second sighting" (7.1.94) and
possibly some new "Roswell, the neverending cluster----"

I'm actually curious as to find out where Frank heard of it? Was
there a new press release covering 7.1.95 I didn't hear about?

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith     mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413
Engineer   AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.   http://www.linux-wlan.org