Re: [SLUG] Dual boot question

From: Robert Krencis (rkrencis@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 12:13:10 EDT

Hi Russell,
    I sent a message to compaq support and got a message back that was not the greatest but one thing they said was to make sure that both hard drives have the jumper for
"cs" (drive select) on because the bios uses this type of drive selection due to its bios drive management software. Since the bios does not work with master/slave and you
may have slave set on the second drive. Also I have a system with a network card that spits out the message to press a certain key to boot from rom on the network card (and
this happens on all boots), which when is pressed on your system causes the system to go to a default boot. The text that I sent you before describes the disk system
settings for the compaq system that you have. The code for the type "H" for boot probably resides in the bios of the net card like in my system, except that my system does
not have a boot prom, and your system may not have a boot prom in it also but the prompt has been enabled by the bios confusion. Did you install the cs jumper on the new or
all drives???

bob