Re: [SLUG] Dual boot question

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 21:41:39 EDT

This is great! I'm finally figuring out where I'm getting all of my
information from...there's the BIOS, which doesn't know how big my drive is,
but Win 95 knows, and so does Linux via cfdisk 2.10f. cfdisk says:
/dev/hdd
Size: 2111864832 bytes
Heads: 64
Sectors per Track: 63
Cylinders: 1023

Win 95 knows that there are two partitions.

What I still don't know is where the instruction lives/comes from that says
"Type H to boot from hard disk". Could it live the BIOS?
If I don't type H, I get a black screen that says:
"BootWare Centralized Boot ROM for Netware"
(there's more) along with this:
"MSD: no reply
Rx2 (repeated to the edge of the screen)
File server could not be found "
and it repeats....
Could it be that an ethernet card is causing this problem? I've got two in
there, and Windows says they are the same, but the error messages are leading
me in that direction...

Thanks for all the help!

Russell