Re: [SLUG] Dual boot question

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 23:00:49 EDT

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:41:39PM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:

<snip>

> What I still don't know is where the instruction lives/comes from that says
> "Type H to boot from hard disk". Could it live the BIOS?
> If I don't type H, I get a black screen that says:
> "BootWare Centralized Boot ROM for Netware"
> (there's more) along with this:
> "MSD: no reply
> Rx2 (repeated to the edge of the screen)
> File server could not be found "
> and it repeats....
> Could it be that an ethernet card is causing this problem? I've got two in
> there, and Windows says they are the same, but the error messages are leading
> me in that direction...

Excuse my ignorance, as I haven't been following this thread. It sounds
like this machine was built to be on a Netware network, with a boot PROM
(on the motherboard?) that fires up if you don't tell it to do something
else. I take it you've checked the BIOS to see if there is an option for
where to boot from (there usually is)? If this has all been covered
earlier in the thread, I apologize.

Paul