Re: [SLUG] Dual boot question

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 23:18:26 EDT

> Excuse my ignorance, as I haven't been following this thread.
Your speculation is pretty darn good for not having followed the thread. :-)

> It sounds
> like this machine was built to be on a Netware network, with a boot PROM
> (on the motherboard?) that fires up if you don't tell it to do something
> else.

The ethernet card I installed is what was causing the problem. How it was
doing that I haven't figured out. I disabled it in the BIOS, and after that
there was no problem in booting to Windows. I'm going to have to go through
my Linux Magazines to see about dual booting otherwise. I always looked at
those articles from distance, since I never had any intel hardware. Now that
I do, I see why I didn't. :-)

I also have to find out how to keep that ethernet card from taking over the
boot process.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Russell H.