[SLUG] Sendmail taking soooooooooooo long to start.

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 09:48:12 EDT

Hi
I'm having trouble with sendmail hanging when ever it's started. I guess
hanging isn't really the right word as it does come back after a long
time maybe greater than a min. I'm not running a DNS but I do have a
host file with the follwing information.
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.0.5 cpt
192.168.0.2 dingy
192.168.0.3 fstmate
192.168.0.4 swabbie
192.168.0.1 router

For what I have read on the net it appears to be a hostname problem. But
I don't know what else to try.

thanks for any help on this.
Mike