Re: [SLUG] Suse question

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 13:13:38 EDT

Robin Miller wrote:
> Really? The only packaged distro I think I've ever seen Linus
> use was Debian.

My information is dated. In 1999 (I believe), he had an interview
about his Transmeta work. He stated they used RedHat, but he used
SuSE at home. In another interview from even earlier, Linus was
quoted as saying he liked SuSE.

> Ditto as personal preference for Larry Augustin, Sam Ockman etc.
> It's pretty much "the" distro for the "old guard" Silicon Valley
> LUG crowd.

There's nothing wrong with Debian at all. Any distro that is "GPL
anal" is fine with me. Even though I overwhelmingly prefer RedHat,
I'm glad that there is more than one "industry standard" when it
comes to distros, and that distro is another "GPL anal" one in
Debian. We here at AVS are moving to Debian as well.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413
Engineer  AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.  http://www.linux-wlan.org