[SLUG] Debian Kernel - Booting Wrong Version

From: Doc - KD4E (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 18:02:47 EDT

This is a Debian-Progeny problem and since there are so many differences
between it and RH, SuSE, etc. I don't know who can answer this.

I have just run apt-get install for kernel-source version 2.2.19 but when I
reboot it says it is using 2.2.18.

How do I tell this silly thing to boot 2.2.19 and why didn't it wipe out
2.2.18 when I did the apt-get install of the newer version?

I am hoping that the resolution of this will get me past the dysfunctional
status of "makefile" and "make" so that I may then get past the OSS/ALSA
sound problem!

Thanks! Doc