Re: [SLUG] Rsync problems

From: Jim Wildman (jim@rossberry.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 21:47:30 EDT

There are several ways to use rsync.
1) with its native protocol, with a server setup somewhere
2) using rsh or ssh in which case sshd needs to be running on the target
server like this...

rsync -e ssh -av <fromdir> user@host:/<todir>

The local user must have read permissions on <fromdir> and the remote
user must have write permissions on <todir>. Nicely automatible with
ssh keys.

Jim Wildman jim@rossberry.com
903-736-4393