Re: [SLUG] vpn

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 10:57:48 EDT

Patrick Grantham wrote:
> Sounds like a stupid question, but will i NEED two nics to setup
> linux to be vpn server to win clients? I would prefer to leave
> the linux box on the inside of the firwall/router.

If the Linux box is inside your firewall, it will only need one NIC
if you port forward from the firewall.

If the Linux box is the firewall itself, you will need two.

I'm currently implementing a project that uses 6 NICs (one is
wireless) on my firewall (along with 6 zones), and 4 specialty
systems. It "tightens" remote access as well as outgoing access.
Long story.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith    mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org   chat:thebs413