Re: [SLUG] Good place to buy computer parts

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 21:21:55 EDT

On Friday 26 October 2001 08:22 pm, Mike Manchester wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good place to buy computer parts in Tampa that is
> open on Saturday? I'm looking for a scsi cable adapter that has the
> large scsi I male on one end and a scsi II centroics female on the other
> end or a cable that has the scsII centronics on one end and the scsi I
> male on the the other end. I was told to check tcwo but they are closed
> on Saturday and Compusa doesn't have one.
>
> Thanks
> Mike M.

Three possibles that are open. Come to think of it you would probable go to
all three of them anyway.

1. Computer Corner - for new stuff & First Choice
Go to Fowler and 15 Street for a reference. Going south on 15 street take the
first possible west possible turn into the alley. If you continue South the
next building on the left is a Laundromat. This is before the railroad
tracks. By the way taking a left into the alley is not a legal turn but you
probable will get away with it. Go east in the alley about 200 foot; park and
go in.

2. Name I forgot. For new stuff & Second Choice
Anyway it is at the other end of the alley. Last building before on the right
before big parking lot. Building faces Fowler. New, expensive, and they
probable don't have it but it is only 1/2 block from the primary choice.

3. Name I forgot. You are hearting now.
Junk and used computer store on Dale Mabery about 3 or 4 blocks north of the
expressway. This is way south of Kennedy. The store is a trashier white
building just before the bicycle shop. If you are in to bicycles there are
only 2 stores in Tampa. This is one of the two. Unfortunately another name I
forgotten.

By the way the other bicycle store is on Fletcher close to the Wooden Nickle.
If you don't know what the Wooden Nickle is I am not going to explain but
think XX just above XXX. Next door to the News Stand.

Frank

Frank