Re: [SLUG] Flushing cache

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 15:05:17 EDT

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Justin Keyes wrote:

> *yeah,* that's what I was thinkin'..... but isn't it also OK to do
>
> mount /dev/fd0
>
> then, later....
>
> umount /dev/fd0
>
> --that seems to work for my installation of SuSE 7.2...

Sure it is, but who wants to remember that your floppy is really /dev/fd0?
Seriously, don't do things the hard way if you don't have to. :)

It's much more intuitive to think of mounting directories into the
filesystem rather than mounting and unmounting devices. We're talking
about trying to make it easier for people that don't understand all the
gritty details.

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com