Re: [SLUG] Microsoft Convinces Me -- No M$ On My PC!

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 15:11:15 EDT

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, eDoc wrote:

> Serhaps someone can create a neat Web page that tracks the
> market percentage of the various browsers and we can make a
> crusade out of driving the M$ percentage down one percent per
> month starting with December 2001.
>
> Would that be fun or what?! :-)

Specific log analysis code on browser share over time welcomed
-- Common Log format data format oriented, please.

Your wish is already partially granted. The goal is fun,
seems unrealistic; look at:
   http://www.colug.net/usage/usage_200110.html#TOPAGENTS

See also:
   http://browserwatch.internet.com

Of the top browsers identified at the first link, the first
19 % (first four) are all on W98 or NT, and are all the MSIE
product; in that top ten (about 40% of the total load), 0ver
25 % are MS based, 11.3 % of are Linux based even in a Linux
oriented site; and 2.8 % a robot trawler

On a aggressively Linux and Open Source oriented site !

-- Russ Herrold