Re: [SLUG] What should be on Linux.com?

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 12:31:21 EST

How about a grade/jr/high school section with educational/entertainment
section for our younger audience? Something appropriate for the
classroom or school library. Perhaps a feedback/question section for
school administrators and teachers. Use the LUG readership to compete
for the best responses. Also, teach them how to dual-boot their home
computers. Mom and Dad might have to buy Windows, but the kids can grow
up on Linux. I want a Dell ad that ends with a kid saying, "and there
is plenty of space to load Linux".

Mail services, as mentioned before, may be a decent way to generate some
income. Maybe additional services for PDA/cell phone users might
augment this. I still think that somehow, people will pay for content,
too, even on the web.

How about a collaboration with a major news service, something like
LinuxFox? One of the best things I like about slashdot is the non-linux
content. I prefer other sources for my Linux content, now. By the way,
who actually owns the Linux trademark?

-Robert