Re: [SLUG] What should be on Linux.com?

From: Robin Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 12:18:52 EST

Robert Haeckl wrote:

> How about a grade/jr/high school section with educational/entertainment
> section for our younger audience? Something appropriate for the
> classroom or school library.

There are already a couple of excellent "Linux in Education" sites and
projects out there. I'd just as soon link to them than try to compete.
We'll give them more play than we have in the past, for sure.

> How about a collaboration with a major news service, something like
> LinuxFox?

One day, perhaps. That's up to the marketing people, I suppose.

> One of the best things I like about slashdot is the non-linux
> content. I prefer other sources for my Linux content, now.

Well, I will make Linux.com into the best source of Linux content in the
world, and give you more ways to customize it than Burger King gives you
to have a Whopper "your way."

> By the way,
> who actually owns the Linux trademark?

A friend of Larry Augustin's. Linus something-or-other. :)

- Robin