Re: [SLUG] What should be on Linux.com?

From: Larry Sanders (lsanders@flash.net)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 23:00:27 EST

An engineering assumption: this might be the first site visited.
There should be a stable welcome screen (not a changing news page).
* On the main page for free OS, why is there an add at the top?
   Put the adds on the right column below other stuff.
* The left column is great, a box about the site, abox of cool stuff, ...
* Add a column on the right that links to the latest hot stuff
* Have in the middle the answers to the standard questions...
   (like the SLUG page, how to pronounce, where to find, what is
   the current release on distributions, which is best for what,
With a stable welcome page people will be reassured that what they
need can be found through links here.

Rob, Thanks for the complement of asking what we think.
Larry S. :-)