[SLUG] follow up re: hardware problem....

From: Justin Keyes (m9u35@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 13:31:09 EST

below is an entry in the Microsoft Knowledge base that I found which
describes the problem that i'm having with my friend's computer.
Later, it says that the HDD must have a bad partition table--but I have
formatted & partitioned the HDD carefully, twice.... does anyone know
of any BIOS settings that might be affecting this, or any other tips?

Thanks for your time.
-Justin Keyes.

SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to install Microsoft Windows 98 on a new or
unformatted hard disk, you may receive the following command-line
message:

Please wait while Setup initializes.
Scanning system registry...
Windows Setup may then stop responding (hang) and you may be unable to
continue the Windows installation.

=====
Justin Keyes, m9u35@yahoo.com
                . .