Re: [SLUG] Sendmail Question #35739567

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 00:12:20 EST

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Paul M Foster wrote:

> Right now, any mail from my box (rocky.mars.lan) gets squirted up to my
> ISP... almost. Hostname returns the above name. But sendmail is being
> told to masquerade all headers and envelopes. But it appears that any
> mail I want to send to my wife (nancyf@quillandmouse.com) gets bounced
> locally by sendmail, with the error that nancyf is not a known user on
> my box (true). I'd like only unqualified names to deliver locally.
> Everything else should go to the smarthost at my ISP.
>
> Anyone know how to accomplish this?

two issues going on --- you've probably set "DM" to
quillandmouse.com in '/etc/sendmail.cf' -- or possibly
included quillandmouse.com in '/etc/mail/local_host_names'

Set the following in /etc/aliases to get email out to her:

nancyf: nancy123@concentric.net

[assuming that that nancy123@concentric.net is the mailbox
which email to 'nancyf@quillandmouse.com' is dumped by your
ISP ]