Re: [SLUG] What is a good printer?

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 14:41:48 EST

On Saturday 03 November 2001 08:11, you wrote:
> > I recommend Epson Stylus printers. Me pappy has one. I don't print
> > (not that I staunchly refuse...;)
>
> If you're not rich you're best with either an Epson or HP because these
> are the makes for which it's easiest to get discount 3rd party ink
> cartridges and refill kits.
>
> Printers have gotten cheap but the markup on ink cartridges is amazing.
> They are where printer manufacturers make their money.
>
> - Robin

Agreed ... and don't be afraid to bid on eBay, either. I bought 5 black
cartridges (retail ~$20 each) for $25 and all five gave good quality /
life. The chemistry of the ink does not seem to be the determinant ... a
color cartridge (with 3 times the volume of ink and VERY precise color
requirements) is only about $5 more than a normal black ink cartridge.

--
icq #126373831 http://www.anhonestdesire.com
Linux a.genesis.com 2.4.12 #2 Wed Oct 17 04:17:02 EDT 2001 i686 unknown