Re: [SLUG] CPP, KDE - kwin.h, kstddirs.h

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 15:26:21 EST

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> Now, kwin.h, netwm_def.h, kstddirs.h and kglobal.h are
> all in the "/opt/kde2/include/" directory. The
> program's headers only ask for kwin.h and kstddirs.h,
> so I'm guessing that the headers are asking for other
> headers. Any hints on how I make the compiler see the
> header files/libraries?

You need to make sure the path to the aforementioned header files are in
your "include path" when doing the compile. There's a standard compiler
option called -I that allows you to add directories to the path where the
compiler will look for headers.

So, adding -I/opt/kde2/include to the compile statement should work. If
something in that directory is including *other* headers you'll have to
find them and add more include paths recursively until the problem is
solve (or you determine that certain header files aren't installed on your
system).

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com