Re: [SLUG] CPP, KDE - kwin.h, kstddirs.h

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 08:39:58 EST

Yeah, what he said!

Seriously, I was installing something ("guarddog" -- firewall software) and I
realized that I needed several libs and *-dev packages installed that aren't
installed by default. I installed libqt2, libqt-dev, zlib1g-dev. You might
check on the debian web site to see what these particular header files go
with. http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages The reason I suggest debian's
website is because I believe that it's great for solving this particular type
of problem, regardless of your distribution. It's the second search item on
the page. You just type in <mysterious-header-file>.h and it returns a list
of packages that it will go with. It's left up to you to determine which
package you need (since you may get results for other packages with the same
header file) and where to get it, but at least it's a start.

HTH

Russell