Re: [SLUG] Re: fast window managers

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 00:27:13 EST

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 12:18:29PM -0800, Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> > I'm running a P133 128M.
> > I used to run KDE, then went to IceWM. Now I use
> > ratpoison or swm.
> > You should try them out... they're even faster and
> > lighter than IceWM.
> > - Justin Keyes
> >

> One word: BlackBox. That's the fastest WM you'll get.

Well I downloaded and tried ratpoison. No offense, Justin, but it
sucked. I've got enough keyboard shortcuts to remember in everything
else. Much as I dislike X, I'm used to having to mouse around to get
things done in it. Swm seemed okay, but I'd have to get used to it.

Now, as for you, Gnorb, I've downloaded blackbox (on _your_
recommendation, so _you're_ responsible ;-) and modified the menus so
it's usable. I've used it before, briefly. It does seem to be very
lightweight, and it looks pretty sleek.

Paul