[SLUG] Dial up security

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 09:02:24 EST

We have a dial in line that is used from remote sites when access to the
internet is not available. How do I secure that serial port on my linux box
from intrusion? The site calling can be different computers from different
locations, but no more than 5 or 6 over time.

If you were to call right now you would get a login prompt,,, Uggghhh.

I have closed down all the usual and unnecessary logins in /etc/passwd, but
am concerned that someone may find a way to login anyway.

Michael C. Rock