Re: [SLUG] Re: fast window managers

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 18:12:18 EST

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 06:50:05PM -0800, Justin Keyes wrote:

> excuse my newbieness, but how would I run programs in straight X?

I think this has been answered, but I should explain that it isn't
really something you want to do. Russ's solution would provide you with
an xterm, from which you could launch anything you want, _if_ you knew
the full path to the program. The problem with running just X is that
there are no extra workspaces, no menus, no nothing. You _can_ do it
that way, but you probably wouldn't ever want to.

Paul