Re: [SLUG] Re: fast window managers

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 21:02:17 EST

Below sounds like what I want to do. I would like to set up
a "internet appliance" I would like to run Opera so I can use
it in Kiosk mode (full screen no bars or other things to confound
my wife with) Initially I want to set it so that she hits a button
on the screen and it sends here to the bank pages that handle
the bank accounts. So what I want to do is set up machine that
all she will see is the browser on the screen, and it will have
nothing beyond the buttons I put on there and of course those
that the bank supplies. Opera will allow you to do this, but I
would like to set something up such that all she will see is the
browser screen. Any ideas on this one?

--
Chuck Hast
KP4DJT