Re: [SLUG] cheap video cards

From: Greg Schmidt (slugmail@gschmidt.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 08:04:00 EST

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 04:36 pm, you wrote:
> Does anybody have an address of a used computer parts store?
>
> I need old PCI or AGP Video cards. Nothing fancy, just something that
> will produce basic video.
>
> Rusty

I put this card:

http://www.tcwo.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=371&sid=1gi2Ty0HMJjp6Df

in my Mandrake 8.1 box because it was the cheapest thing I could find on the
supported hardware list. $29 from tcwo. Blade 3d. It will never be a
blazing hot game box, but works fine for regular workstation and server admin
stuff. I'm runing X and KDE at 1024x768 with 24 bit color, and no problems
for a couple weeks now.