Re: [SLUG] error with startx after Woody upgrade

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 18:51:30 EST

Well, I think I'm almost there. I made a softlink 'X' under /etc/X11
pointing to /usr/bin/X11/Xsun

The server starts up but then stops and this is what I see left behind
at the console.

> startx

(using VT number 7)

PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file Roman_M
PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file Roman_M

waiting for X server to shut down ....

and so I'm back to the CLI. Any ideas? I don't think I need to
recompile cause Sun's architechure wasn't as diverse as PCs.

Mario