Re: [SLUG] chroot syntax

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 18:03:00 EST

Thanks for sending that, Russell.

I'm good now, but I'd still like to know how to successfully use chroot.

My scenario was, I booted with a drive to fix another that was having
boot problems, so I wanted my root to change so my changes would reflect
on the drive I wanted to fix. I couldn't get chroot to commit. Is it
possible to do what I was trying to do? Is that what chroot was
designed for (sort of)?

Mario