Re: [SLUG] Orphaned Machines

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 00:23:39 EST

Perhaps we can use this as a recruit for non- SLUGgers/linux users? I
think the newspaper will allow a non-profit or not-for-profit (whatever
the difference, I don't know) organization to list an ad for free in
some section.

Something like:
<CENTER>Suncoast Linux Users Group
Is having its monthly meeting and is hosting a hardware swap meet!!!
 Bring your old unloved computers to new loving owners and vice-versa.
 Linux will be installed for free on machines you'd like to take
home!..... blah blah blah

Paul, if there's anything I can do to help organize this, please let me
know. In the meantime, we should brainstorm the practical uses for some
of the lower CPU/RAM computers. So far, I've seen steve@itcom.net, Scot
Mc Pherson, and some others mention some valuable practical and
dedicated uses i.e. samba fileservers. I can reach the Tampa and
Dunedin meetings (possibly one of the Brandon ones too).

Mario