Re: [SLUG] SuSE 7.3 retail

From: Doumbeck1@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 08:18:12 EST

IN admininstration its not different than using say RedHat without the fancy
admin tools like linuxconf (which isn't a suggested method of admin anyway).
You need to know how to use the text configuration files.

As far as distribution creation, depending on the speed of the machine it can
take 3 hours for really fast machine, and 2 weeks for a i486 (mostly because
you aren't sitting around waiting for the compiling of a package to
complete). The actual 486 compile time falls normally around 15 hours of
real/cpu time.

Then I ensure I test the system for a few weeks, just to burn it in...it
usually doesn't find a problem, but better to test nd burn then have a
problem with an critical device.

Scot Mc Pherson