RE: [SLUG] sendmail and @home.com

From: Bob Foxworth (bfoxworth@fortresstech.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 17:34:04 EST

        Sounds like your domain (a private domain you maintain?) is not
being recognized
        by the home.com mail server because apparently they do a reverse
lookup on the
        mail arriving from you, to see if it is a valid name, and/or match
the name with the
        IP presented to them by you. The "any other address" recipients
then do not do
        this, but just trust you to be whom you say you are.

        Sorta like the old days when you could ftp to a site at uu.net, or
at least try to ftp to
        a site there, and they would refuse the connect because the machine
you were coming
        from was not present in the A records for your zone, and when they
did a reverse lookup
        on your IP to see if it was a valid machine name, it failed and they
would bounce you out.

        If this is the case it's their issue and not your sendmail
configuration. Are you "localdomain" ?