Re: [SLUG] sendmail and @home.com

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 21:13:44 EST

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 05:03:03PM -0500, Mikes work account wrote:

> Ok all you guru's out there,,, whenever I try to send mail via sendmail to
> comcasts @home.com address it gets thrown back in my face and tell me
> something about my domain not being recognized (my domain) but when I send
> that same message to any other address it goes right through like a
> trooper,,,??
>
> How so I get the @home.com domain through sendmail?

You can watch sendmail work with:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -v -d1 ....

(Obviously the dots represent the rest of the sendmail command line you
use.) This will show you the smtp dialog as it occurs, which might give
you more info. Likewise the maillog file (is that the name?) will tell
you an awful lot about the process.

Now... are you sending your mail through a single smtp server, or
authenticating with @home for @home mail? It may be that trying to relay
mail through @home won't go unless you're on their network. Really needs
more info about the way the authentication and relaying is taking place.

Paul