[SLUG] RAID?

From: Jeff Barriault (jeffbarr@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 21:24:59 EST

Does anyone have any experience using RAID with Linux? I'm about to build a
Samba based file server and was looking at the Biostar M7MIA motherboard
available from tcwo.com. The motherboard has an integrated Highpoint RAID
controller, fully supporting RAID levels 0 and 1. The board also has 4
UDMA100 channels and is capable of supporting 8 UDMA100 devices. I was
planning on installing one 4GB HD for the OS and a CD-R for back-up of the
OS. Then I'd like to add 2 or 4 20GB HDs in removable racks set up as 1 or 2
RAID 1 arrays. If anyone has any great ideas on how to make this all work I
would love to hear them.

Thanks,

JB