[SLUG] City of Largo under pressure from M$ to switch

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 21:43:43 EST

The following link was forwarded to me by Smitty.

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/11/12/1352221&mode=thread

Apparently, Microsoft has been pressuring the city of Largo to switch
from Linux to XP. Smitty talked to their systems administrator. While
they have no plans to switch, it's been suggested that we (particularly
those who live/work in Largo) contact the city manager (Steve Stanton)
at sstanton@largo.com to express our support and congratulate him on
saving the city the costs of proprietary OS licensing.

Imagine. Big Ol' Microsoft scared of Lil Ol' Linux. ;-}

Paul