Re: [SLUG] GNU Ghostscript 6.52 install problems

From: Ben Ostrowsky (ostrowb@tblc.org)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 08:33:33 EST

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 23:28, Doumbeck1@aol.com wrote:
> How are you installing ghostscript? If its from sources I know some snafu's
> that need to be addressed depending on your glibc version...

Yup, from source. I unpacked ghostscript-6.52.tar.gz, unpacked
jpeg/libpng/zlib and renamed those directories, linked makefile to
src/unix-gcc.mak, and did make and then make install. I ignored any
warnings I saw, since my compile-fu is pretty damn low. I can follow
instructions, but that's about it.

What do I need to do in order to find out what glibc version I have?
What are some possible answers to that question? (Am I looking for a
version number like k.qq.zzz-ADJECTIVE?)

Ben