Re: [SLUG] GNU Ghostscript 6.52 install problems - FIXED

From: Ben Ostrowsky (ostrowb@tblc.org)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 11:01:57 EST

Hooray! I've got it working again.

For the record, I downloaded fresh copies of the font packs listed in
the documentation, unpacked them into /usr/local/src/fonts, then copied
just the fonts (not the fonts.* files) into ...ghostscript/6.52/lib.
That solved the problem and I am now the hero of those oppressed by
commercial licenses. (Never tell a geek that she's not important enough
to rate her own copy of Distiller, eh.)

I'm still curious about this, however. :)

> What do I need to do in order to find out what glibc version I have?
> What are some possible answers to that question? (Am I looking for a
> version number like k.qq.zzz-ADJECTIVE?)

Ben