Re: [SLUG] Financial software

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 22:49:24 EST

1) I don't believe that Moneydance is an Open-Source app. (I believe you then
understand the argument)

No, it is not open source but runs very well on Linux. (java based) I think
the author gives it away fully funcitonal, but asks for 25.00 to shut off the
nag screen. Yes I understand the argument, however it is a great app. I
would call it an almost quicken clone.

2) I wasn't sure as to whether it imported Quicken files, which was one of
the questions asked.

Yes it does import Quicken, in fact even the new format. I used it for a
long time and got my wife to use it. The new quicken is flashier and my wife
really likes M$ money so we went with that. (bleh!)

Regards
Russ W