RE: [SLUG] mail server.

From: Jeff Barriault (jeffbarr@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 16:13:42 EST

Well Ronan,

Sendmail is definately running on that system, but when I try to telnet to
port 25 I get a "Could not open a connection to host on port 25 : Connect
failed" error. I'm sure it has something to do with how Sendmail is
configured, or maybe with some default firewall rules that may be running on
the system . . . ? Well, at any rate, the learning continues.

Thanks again,

JB