Re: [SLUG] Gateway MOBO question

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 00:46:13 EST

Did you get on Gateway's website and check the power pinout
if memory serves me right there is something you have to repin on the
power connector as the machine will not run right.

They do not use a standard ATX pin out for power. Thus the hardware
dectection could be
actually calling a power off command with the device.

I know that I have a gateway case I put a ATX board in and I had to repin it
for that very reason.
Also if you are using CS on the drive change that to actual slave and
masters also
check the nic's for a irq conflict.

Good Luck
B.Preece