Re: [SLUG] FreeBSD vs. Linux

From: Greg Schmidt (slugmail@gschmidt.net)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 12:34:41 EST

Norb hit most of the issues, including games, but mainly, I don't run
software for which I do not have a license. Remember those pesky MS license
issues? That's one of the big reasons we are all on this list.

Also, in my experience, Norb was right about WinME. Yuk. Even the Win95 B
version is less unstable.

And yes, the Win95 box is a Pentium90, 24 MB RAM, 1GB HDD, not very
expandable. An ancient laptop. Dead battery went missing long ago. Duct
tape and wire ties hold the cord into the power brick. CD is long dead, but
floppy still works (can't use both at the same time anyway). A few
less-than-essential plastic pieces are gone. Keyboard is getting a little
sticky. "Pencil Eraser" mouse acts up once in a while. Kind of like an old
warrior that wears his battle scars with pride, it is still hanging tough,
and has VNC client in the startup group to drive the other boxes. It gives
me a second monitor.