Re: [SLUG] No WM in X

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 18:47:22 EST

Mario,

        Look into ~/.xinitrc. If you put a single line in there (there will be more
in most distro's X installs), it should be nothing but the path to the window
manager. For example, on my FreeBSD box, here's my .xinitrc in my home dir:

        /usr/X11R6/bin/enlightenment

        --- and that's it. For KDE, that line's usually something like:

        /usr/bin/startkde

        There's no need to put in an 'exec' statement. In fact, that will kill the
xinit process before the WM comes up.

        Anytime you start x with either the 'startx' command or 'xinit' it will open
that WM by default.

If I'm wrong -- woops :)

        Glen