[SLUG] PCs need a good home

From: David Walter (booska@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 23:31:11 EST

I am one of SLUG's silent members who has been getting the ML for a year,
but rarely sends to the list, and never has a chance to visit the group
meetings. I recently moved into a condo in August and my wife has been
begging me to clean up all my old computers out of the spare bedroom. Before
I set them on the curb, I thought that the group might want first crack at
them. I'm giving away all of the following:

        1 SparcStation IPX machine (running SunOS 5.5. no monitor)
        1 Sparc 5 (not running. Problem with BIOS? Needs SCSI hard drive)
        1 Macintosh LCII (running MacOS 7.5)
        1 Macintosh IIsi (running MacOS 7.5)
        1 AST 90Mhz desktop (running, but needs harddrive and IDE or SCSI
controller card)
        1 Full Size Tower PC (100Mhz CPU?....needs harddrive and IDE or SCSI
controller card. Great tower if you want to build a new system)

        Also:
        21 inch monitor for Macintosh IIsi above (you might be able to get it work
with other systems)
        15 inch Macintosh Monitor
        Apple flatbed scanner (condition unknown)
        Several 15 inch PC monitors
        misc. hard drives, boards, etc

Most of the stuff is working, except for a few things that I just haven't
tested. I know that NetBSD will run on all of the Macintoshes and the Sparc
machines. I would assume that there is a Linux flavor that will run too,
although I haven't researched it yet. In any case, they are free to whoever
comes to pick them up. However, I won't hold anything, so its first come,
first served. My address is in Feather Sound, Clearwater, near the Franklin
Howard bridge. Send me an email or call to arrange a pick up time.

Thanks.

David Walter
dwalter@tampabay.rr.com
booska@tampabay.rr.com