[SLUG] 3Com 3C575-TX in Older Laptops?

From: Doc - KD4E (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 20:31:07 EST

I discovered on the 'Net that the 3Com PCMCIA 3C575-TX Fast
Etherlink XL 32-bit 10/100BASE-TX with dongle is only $45.

Anyone know if I would need to use the 16-bit model in my ancient
IBM ThinkPad 360cse? (Need a pair of matching PCMCIA nics
for the firewall app and figured I might as well go with 10/100s.)

May have to part with my 3Com 3C589C and Xircom CE-2 nics,
as well as my Win95 floppy set and a couple of Win95 CD's to
pay for three of the 3C375's!

BTW: Anyone out there using a REX or Franklin PCMCIA PDA?
I have a couple of new docking stations I need to part with.

Thanks! Doc