Re: [SLUG] VNC Question

From: Brett Simpson (Simpsonb@hillsboroughcounty.org)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 09:03:40 EST

Edit your ~/.vnc/xstartup file and remove everything after #!/bin/sh and add "startkde &" without quotes. I'm not sure what you would use for Gnome but KDE works fine this way for me.

Brett

>>> jeffbarr@tampabay.rr.com 12/02/01 02:07PM >>>
I was wondering if anyone had any experience using VNC with RedHat 7.1? I
have a RedHat 7.1 server on my home network that I'd like to be able to
access remotely. I installed VNC on it, and can log into the system without
any problems, but the X session it starts uses TWM. How do I configure it to
use whatever my default window manager/desktop is (Gnome or KDE)? Thanks.