[SLUG] RE: CAD

From: Maureen L. Thomas (elgato513@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 01:59:28 EST

I work for Pasco county in the 911 call taker/fire rescue dispatch. We
are using windows 98SE (networked with the Sherrif's office). It
crashes, it's slow as hell. I was just informed that they are looking
for a new (computer aided dispatch) software. I would love to be able
to present them with some information regarding Linux CAD programs but
have been unable to locate any agency or group who already has a Linux
CAD system. Do any of you know of this type of program, or someone who
might have one already to be installed.

Verizon just put in there new 911 CAD system for us based on windows
2000. It is just as bad as our dispatch software on 98SE, maybe even
worse. But they will be keeping that. Our radio CAD system is at least
based on winNT. So far it's OK. I know apache is used between windows
and linux so if I can get them to get some really good solid linux
software maybe they will change all the systems over to Linux. I dream
big.

Maureen