Re: [SLUG] RE: CAD

From: Robin (Roblimo) Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 06:40:14 EST

> I was just
> hoping that someone knew about a CAD in Linux. I'll just keep looking.
> Too bad I wasn't a programmer, I'd write one myself. But thanks anyway.
> Maureen

Here's a European country that sells a Linux-based dispatch system:

http://www.systor.com/core/emergency/pfeil/index_e.html

A couple of years back I wrote a piece on Slashdot about a cop in the
town of St. George UT who wrote a Linux CAD program out there after they
got tired of Windows crashes/costs:

People are doing this, but there doesn't seem to be much organized
information about it. One of the Linux-oriented news Web sites ought to
do some research, write a story about Linux in 911 call centers...

- Robin "Roblimo" Miller