Re: [SLUG] RE: CAD

From: Maureen L. Thomas (elgato513@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 02:45:59 EST

R P Herrold wrote:

> -- I'll quote a custom interface on Time and Materials against
> a Requirements docuemnt or fair (non-vendor tilted) RFP... but
> it won't be cheap <gentle smile>.
>
> -- Russ

I would really appreciate it. Any quote you come up with will still be
less than any other vendor pushing windows. I am preparing a package to
present to my boss that would give a rough estimate as far as our
problems with the current system vs a more stable linux one. I will add
your information and name, contact info etc to it. I have also emailed
Officer Sherman Stebbins, St. George Police Department, in Utah
regarding information on the Linux system they use. Hopefully I will be
able to show them the great advantages of linux over microsoft and cure
some of my own headaches (at work) too. Thanks. Maureen